Boli (Grill Bananas): 8 Of This Tasty Snack's Health Benefits
Plantains are delicious and the roasted ones are enjoyed by Nigerians a lot.
They definitely do not eat it as much as Nigerians do, although it can be found in many places in the world.
Here are a couple of your mouth-watering 'boli "health benefits:
1. Plantains, especially when roasted, are a very reliable source of starch and energy.
2. Plantains contain a significant amount of dietary fiber that helps to ensure the intestines are healthy and minimize constipation.
3. Plantains contain a higher amount of vitamin C and A than bananas. It contains good antioxidants as well.
4. They are also rich sources of B-complex vitamins, as in bananas, especially high in vitamin-B6 (pyridoxine).
Pyridoxine is an essential B-complex vitamin that has a beneficial role in the treatment of neuritis, anemia, and the decrease in body levels of homocysteine (one of the causative factors for coronary artery disease (CHD) and stroke episodes).
5. They contain folates that are essential for a healthy pregnancy, niacin, riboflavin, and thiamine.
6. Plantains also have sufficient amounts of iron, magnesium, and phosphorous minerals.
7. There's more potassium in plantains than bananas. Potassium is an essential component of cell and body fluids that helps regulate blood pressure and heart rate, mitigating sodium's harmful effects.
8. They are diuretics that can help avoid problems with the kidney which bladder. They also relieve the pain related to the menstrual cycle.